The MCCAC exists to change those numbers and lead the fight against the cycle of child abuse through a stronger, more approachable model. And over the past year, we’ve made significant progress by providing [number] forensic interviews, [number] medical exams, and therapy to [number] children in our community.
2014 BY THE NUMBERS
Who We Serve
- 99% of victims knew their abuser. Abuse is a crime of secrecy. [only exclude “stranger” category]
- 89.6% of cases reported were sexual abuse
How Many Served
- MCCAC served a total of 228 children
- MCCAC is seeing 40% more cases than in 2009. Because our model works, more children are coming to our CAC.
What We Provided
- 112 forensic interviews
- 30 children received therapy sessions
- 1 children received medical exams
What Caregivers Are Saying
- [number]% agreed that their child felt safe at the CAC. [OMS Initial Caregiver Survey % Strongly Agree + % Somewhat Agree–can only use number is you have more than 30 surveys]
- [number]% said if they knew anyone else with a situation like their family was facing, they would tell that person about the CAC. [OMS Caregiver Follow-up Survey % Strongly Agree + % Somewhat Agree–can only use number is you have more than 30 surveys]
How This Benefits Our Community
- The CAC model saved taxpayers in our community $117,264.00 in investigative expenses this year.
- If the CAC hadn’t intervened, the estimated lifetime costs of abuse for the children we served last year would have been $11,550,600.00.
Help Us Help Children Heal.
In order to continue helping children in our community begin their path to healing from abuse, we need your help.
Every dollar you donate will go directly back to supporting children here in our local community — helping promote justice for them, connecting them to healing services, and ending the cycle of abuse.
DONATE TO the MCCAC