In 2020, The Marion County Child Advocacy Center Served 163 New Children
2020 by the Numbers
Who We Serve
- 99% of victims knew their abuser. Abuse is a crime of secrecy.
- 75% of cases reported were sexual abuse.
How Many Served
- The Marion County Child Advocacy Center served 163 new children in 2020.
What We Provided
- 163 forensic interviews.
- 21 children received therapy sessions.
- 7 children received medical exams.
How This Benefits Our Community
- According to the CDC, the associated lifetime costs of each child experiencing non-fatal child maltreatment is $210,012. This estimate includes that child’s associated lifetime costs for healthcare, productivity losses, child welfare, criminal justice, and special education.
Together We Can Grow This Movement
Your passion and dedication are paramount to helping us provide a safe environment for child victims of abuse to heal and bring their offenders to justice.Every dollar you donate will be used to support the Marion County Child Advocacy Center and empower significant change to deliver better care for victims and put an end to the cycle of abuse.Donate Today